Friday, April 21, 2006

Free Pizza!

Well, I am recovering from my surgery! My back is still sore and it is a little hard to get comfy with stitches right in the middle of your back. Oh well, I'll live!! Praise God! :) My doctor called yesterday and gave me good news. The cancer was barely a stage one which means very low risk. It turns out the biopsy from the surgery was invasive malignant melanoma-the original biopsy had shown it was only insitu which means non invasive. It was a little deeper than they thought, but still shallow enough they were able to get it all. Mine was .5 mm. Anything over 1 cm is at risk for spreading. Although it sounds scary it basically means that you are still at risk and it could come back, but if you are informed and proactive you will be fine and can find any spots before they become a threat. I will have to still have follow ups and all that junk, but the worst is over.

School has gone a little slow this week, I am sure you can guess why. Trace is definitly taking advantage of my being a little tired, he gets side tracked SO easily. I keep losing him, then calling "TRACE! Iit's time to do (fill in the blank)!" Trace calls out from the other side of the house, "But mom, I'm fighting crime right now." Uhhh. He is so put out I would even think of bothering him while he is doing such worthwhile work.

However, we have still managed to get some done. On Wednesday my mom came over and picked us up and took us to her house to help with schooling the kiddos. It was fun. We got some work done, then I rested while Mom took the kiddos in the backyard and did a nature study. They each planted their own purple coneflower and helped in the garden. So, the Lord provides a way.

Okay, the real reason I am blogging. Didn't know I had a point did you? I am so excited to tell you that the Pizza Hut Book It! program accepts homeschoolers. Last year Trace's school did this while he was in Kindergarten. The kiddos get a free mini pizza after reading a certain number of books. It was really neat and Trace loved it. Again, my homeschool source of all information, my friend Sarah :), said she and her family did the Book It! program while she was being homeschooled. I was so excited to check it out! Click here to get hooked up. Enrollment for next year is due June 9th, so get on board! Nothing beats free pizza and a little reading incentive!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am happy to know your back is good and you are on your way to recovery. Thanks for the tip on the pizza hut. We'll be looking into that!