Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Flat Stanley, Come Home!!

So today was off to a rough start...my husband woke me up very late!! So today we didn't begin until 10:30 and then we got off to a very rough start.

But then we got out our Flat Stanley pictures today. Flat Stanley is a huge project I did when I taught Pre-K based off a book by Jeff Brown, and it was so much fun!! You can check out the official website at www.flatstanleyproject.net . They took the big bulletin board down out of the hall at the preschool, and I got Trace and Avery's Flat Stanley and their pictures. Trace's are from Canada-Justin went there on a trip, and Avery's are from the Swim family in Washington. We love Flat Stanley and had fun re-living our project. Katy, my cousin who lives in Africa, has Flat Stanley now. In fact, we should be getting him back sometime soon from Swaziland. We do have two Stanley's, and Kate has Avery's so we are trying to decide where we can send Trace's next.

Speaking of Katy, she sent home a CD that is SOOO cool and the kiddos and I watched it today. It is a slideshow of her and the other missionaries set to awesome music. It made me almost cry, I miss her lots and am so proud of her desire to do God's work!! Trace and Avery thought it was awesome, too. What a great testimony from them to see someone so dedicated to serving others!

We rounded off the day doing quite a bit of reading and phonics since that is where Trace struggles. In fact it's 6:00 and we just finished reading. School has no time barriers in this family and that's the way I like it!

No comments: